The Edward B. Korkoian Funeral Home (Spiller-Spitler Chapel) was founded in 1949 by Edward B. Korkoian. He started his business at the Perry Funeral Home in Detroit. In 1952, he purchased the Sevald-McCarthy Funeral Home. Then in 1968, he purchased the Severance Funeral Home and changed the name to the Colonial Chapel-Edward Korkoian Funeral Home.
His son, Edward H. Korkoian joined his father and became a licensed funeral director in 1972. Upon retiring in 1986, Edward B. Korkoian moved to Clearwater, Florida and was licensed in both the states of Florida and Michigan until his passing in 1999.
Edward H. Korkoian purchased the Spiller-Spitler Chapel in 1985 and incorporated the Edward Korkoian Funeral Home, Inc. dba Spiller-Spitler Chapel. His son Christopher started working in the family business in 1995 and became a licensed Funeral Director in 1999.